At Brighton Foot and Ankle, we offer comprehensive treatment for Achilles tendon injuries and strains.
Achilles Tendon Treatments
Your Achilles tendon is a tough band of fibrous tissue that connects your calf muscles to your heel bone. An injury to your achilles tendon affect the back of your lower leg and ankle. sharp pain in the back of your ankle and lower leg and is likely to affect your ability to walk without pain. Surgery may be performed if you have ruptured your Achilles tendon. For strains a nonsurgical treatment is often used.
Achillies Tendon Injury Symptoms
- The feeling of having been kicked in the calf
- Pain, possibly severe, and swelling near the heel
- An inability to bend the foot downward or “push off” the injured leg when walking
- An inability to stand on the toes on the injured leg
- A popping or snapping sound when the injury occurs
Schedule an appointment today with Dr. Bryant Cestelein, DPM – Podiatry Specialist
Schedule An Appointment
& Exceptional Doctors