Meet Dr. Bryant Castelein
Highly trained specialist
Dr. Bryant Castelein is a foot and ankle specialist highly trained in an array of conditions. He is committed to providing the highest level of care to his patients.
Modern, minimally invasive care
Dr. Castelein delivers progressive care by combining minimally invasive surgical techniques as well as natural healing and traditional treatments.
Staying current on the latest medical knowledge
Dr. Castelein maintains an up-to-date medical knowledge. He regularly attends physician conferences and surgical courses. In addition, he remains active in residency programs. Doing this ensures his training is on the forefront of today’s conservative and surgical procedures.
Taking time to know his patients
Dr. Castelein enjoys taking time to get to know his patients. He listens carefully to determine the cause of their problems. Then, he strives to identify the ideal treatment.
Dr. Castelein also works to develop and maintain relationships with area physicians. This ensures continuity of patient care.
Medical School and Training
Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
Dr. Castelein completed his doctoral program at the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in North Chicago, Illinois. His medical training was shaped at several Veteran’s Affair and county hospitals. This provided him with a full breadth of patient experiences. While attending Scholl, Dr. Castelein also earned a master’s degree in Healthcare Administration.
Ascension Genesys Hospital in Grand Blanc
Following his experience at Scholl, he moved to Michigan. Here, he completed his medical education at Ascension Genesys Hospital in Grand Blanc. While at Genesys, Dr. Castelein received extensive training in foot and ankle reconstruction. He also worked significantly with diabetic wound care with an emphasis on limb preservation. During residency, he obtained additional certifications in dermatology and foot and ankle arthroscopy.
Dr. Castelein enjoys the residency learning process. He remains closely involved with Genesys residents to this day.
More About Dr. Castelein
- Dr. Castelein is originally from Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Growing up, he developed a passion for boating, skiing, and soccer. These sports helped inspire his interest to become a surgeon as he tore ligaments in both of his knees in high school.
- Dr. Castelein attended The University of Dayton (UD) in Dayton, Ohio. He earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minor in biology. While at UD, he was an active member of Alpha Epsilon Delta, a premedical honor society. He was also active in other business organizations. Intramural sports and coaching the university’s club soccer team were also fun highlights during this time.
- In his free time, Dr. Castelein enjoys boating, golfing, and skiing. He especially likes to travel for these activities.
- Dr Castelein is a sports enthusiast, cheering for the University of Dayton and the University of Wisconsin, as well as the Chicago Bears, Blackhawks, and Cubs.
- He lives in Brighton. Look for him at Mt. Brighton in the winter. In the summer, you’ll often find him on his paddle board or at local golf courses. Otherwise he enjoys eating at local restaurants, and hiking trails throughout the year.